- This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for advice regarding their individual legal issues. No attorney client relationship is created unless and until we enter into a written fee/representation agreement.
- The Law Offices of David Randolph Smith & Associates is pleased to provide the information on this website to improve public understanding of the law to and promote the integrity and continuing education of the profession.
- While the information on this site is about legal issues, it is not intended as legal advice or as a substitute for the advice and counsel of a licensed attorney. Due to the rapidly changing nature of the law and our dependence on information provided by outside sources, we do not and cannot warranty or guarantee the accuracy or availability of the content on this site or on any other site to which this site links. Moreover, these links to other third party sites are provided exclusively for convenience and are not and should not be interpreted as an endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation of the third party site.
- Users of this site are hereby notified that The Law Offices of David Randolph Smith & Associates ssumes no liability to any party for any damages arising in any way out of the availability, use, reliance on or inability to use the website or any information provided by or through the website.
- You may download, use and copy the materials found on our website for your personal, noncommercial use only, provided that all copies of the material that you make must bear any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notice located on the site that pertain to the material being copied. Except as authorized in this paragraph, you are not being granted a license under any copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property right found or described herein.
- The law differs from state to state and sometimes within states, procedurally, from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. If you have a legal issue that needs attention, there is no substitute for a licensed attorney. Please, contact a licensed attorney in your area or state.
- We are licensed attorneys in Tennessee and only handle cases outside of Tennessee with the association of in-state (local) attorneys and with court approval to appear pro hac vice (this Latin phrase refers to the application of an out-of-state lawyer to appear in court for a particular trial, even though he/she is not licensed to practice in the state where the trial is being held).
- Case results depend upon a variety of factors unique to each case. Indications of past case results do not guarantee or predict a similar result in future cases.
- Attorneys other than Mr. Smith do not claim a certification as a specialist in any listed area
(Civil Trial or Medical Malpractice Specialist) by the Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization.