Kentucky Truck Accident Lawyers
Truck accident cases in Kentucky can be highly complex, and often require an in-depth investigation in order to determine the cause and identify those at fault. The Kentucky truck accident lawyers in our firm have track-record of winning million dollar settlements and judgments in trucking cases in Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, Arkansas, and Alabama. We stand ready to represent you and to promptly take the action necessary to gather and preserve important evidence in order to obtain a successful outcome for you.
Kentucky Truck Wreck Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck wreck in Kentucky, you need to speak to a Kentucky truck accident lawyer as soon as possible. Truck accidents can be very serious, and the trucking companies involved will have teams of lawyers working to protect their interests. You need an experienced Kentucky truck wreck attorney who will fight for your rights and get you the compensation you deserve.
DRS Law Personal Injury Lawyers is a law firm with decades of experience representing victims of truck accidents. We have over 40 years of experience fighting for the rights of injured people, and we have a proven track record of success. We know how to navigate the complex legal system and get results for our clients.
If you have been injured in a truck wreck, we can help you:
- File a claim with the trucking company’s insurance company.
- Investigate the accident to determine the cause.
- Gather evidence to support your claim.
- Negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance company.
- Take your case to court if necessary.
We understand that being injured in a truck wreck can be a very difficult time. We are here to help you through the process and get you the compensation you deserve. We offer free consultations, so please don’t hesitate to contact us today.
What to Do After a Truck Wreck in Kentucky
If you are involved in a truck wreck in Kentucky, there are a few things you should do immediately:
- Stay calm and assess your injuries. If you are able, move to a safe location away from the traffic.
- Call 911 for medical assistance if you are injured.
- Exchange information with the other driver, including their name, address, insurance information, and license plate number.
- Take pictures of the accident scene, including the damage to the vehicles and any injuries.
- Do not admit fault for the accident.
Once you have taken care of these immediate matters, you should contact a Kentucky truck accident lawyer as soon as possible. An experienced lawyer can help you protect your rights and get the compensation you deserve.
Common Causes of Truck Wrecks in Kentucky
There are many factors that can cause truck wrecks, but some of the most common include:
- Driver fatigue: Truck drivers are often required to work long hours, which can lead to fatigue. Fatigued drivers are more likely to make mistakes, such as falling asleep at the wheel.
- Speeding: Truck drivers who speed are more likely to lose control of their vehicles and cause accidents.
- Drowsy driving: Drowsy driving is a form of fatigue, and it is a major cause of truck wrecks. Drowsy drivers may not be able to keep their eyes open or stay alert, which can lead to accidents.
- Texting and driving: Texting and driving is a major distraction for all drivers, but it is especially dangerous for truck drivers. Truck drivers who text and drive are more likely to cause accidents.
- Unsafe loading: Unsafe loading of cargo can cause truck wrecks. When cargo is not properly secured, it can shift during transport and cause the truck to overturn.
- Mechanical failure: Mechanical failure can also cause truck wrecks. If a truck’s brakes fail, for example, the driver may not be able to stop in time to avoid an accident.
What to Expect After Hiring a Kentucky Truck Accident Lawyer
Once you have hired a Kentucky truck accident lawyer, they will begin investigating the accident and gathering evidence. They will also contact the insurance company of the trucking company involved in the accident.
The insurance company will likely try to settle your case quickly and for as little money as possible. However, your lawyer will fight for the full compensation you deserve. This may include compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses.
If the insurance company does not offer a fair settlement, your lawyer may file a lawsuit on your behalf. A lawsuit can be a long and complex process, but it can also be the only way to get the full compensation you deserve.
Contact DRS Law Personal Injury Lawyers Today
If you have been injured in a truck wreck in Kentucky, contact DRS Law Personal Injury Lawyers today. We will fight for your rights and get you the compensation you deserve. We offer free consultations, so please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Common Causes Of Truck Accidents:
• Driver fatigue (which causes 30-40% of truck accidents annually, according to the National Transportation Safety Board)
• Speeding violations
• Tampering with speed governors (devices installed to limit a vehicle’s speed)
• Oversized load or shifting loads
• Unsafe lane change
• Driver impairment due to alcohol or drugs
• Maintenance issues and equipment malfunction, such as tire blowout or brake failure
Do you have a case?
What Should You Do After a Tennessee Truck Accident?
Seek an Experienced Kentucky Truck Accident Lawyer
If you or a member of your family has been injured in an accident involving a commercial truck, you may be unsure of what your legal options are. An experienced Tennessee truck accident lawyer will be able to answer any specific questions you might have about your truck accident case and give you an idea of what to expect next.
Our firm offers a track-record of winning million dollar settlements and judgments in trucking cases in Tennessee, Kentucky and Alabama for example, on I-40, Highway 440, I-24, Highway 840, and I-65. Our Nashville commercial vehicle and truck accident lawyers can help.
To ensure the best outcome possible, it is vital to take quick and efficient steps to preserve and gather evidence for your case.
Photographs of the scene should be taken immediately after the accident. Witness statements should be promptly recorded. Physical evidence (such as debris and skid marks) need to be evaluated by a qualified accident re-constructionist as soon as possible.
Truckers are required to abide by numerous federal and state regulations. These regulations are extensive, complicated, and can be confusing, but it is vital to understand how violations of these regulations could have contributed to your accident. A qualified Tennessee truck accident attorney can help guide you through these complex areas of law.
The federal regulations imposed on truck drivers can be found in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations. An experienced Tennessee truck accident attorney can explain these regulations and how they may apply to your case.
From the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), a division of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), dedicated to reducing motor vehicle accidents involving large trucks.
Insurance Information Institute
Includes information on vehicle safety, insurance and more.
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
Division of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT). Contains information about safety programs, regulations and facts related to the prevention of commercial truck and bus accidents, injuries and fatalities.
Insurance Institute for Highway Safety / Highway Loss Data Institute
Features vehicle ratings, safety facts and publications.
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
Division of the U.S. Department of Transportation. Provides crash statistics and articles about traffic accidents and vehicle safety.
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration:
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety:
- Arch Insurance Group: The Reality of Work Zone Liability – Part I
- Tennessee Department of Safety & Homeland Security: Crash Data