The experienced Nashville nursing home negligence lawyers at DRS Law Personal Injury Lawyers can help you get the justice you deserve if you or a loved one has been injured or neglected at a nursing home in Nashville, Tennessee.
We understand that nursing home abuse and neglect can be a very difficult and emotional experience. Our Nashville nursing home negligence lawyers will work with you every step of the way to help you understand your legal rights and options. We will fight for your right to be compensated for your physical, emotional, and financial losses.
At DRS Law, we have a proven track record of success in nursing home negligence cases. We have helped many families get the compensation they deserve for the injuries and losses their loved ones have suffered.
If you believe that you or a loved one has been injured or neglected at a nursing home, please contact DRS Law today for a free consultation. We will review your case and discuss your legal options.
Types of Nursing Home Negligence
According to the World Health Organization, “Rates of abuse of older people are high in institutions such as nursing homes and long-term care facilities, with 2 in 3 staff reporting that they have committed abuse in the past year.” There are many different types of nursing home negligence. Some of the most common include:
- Physical abuse: This includes any type of intentional harm to a resident, such as hitting, kicking, or slapping.
- Sexual abuse: This includes any type of sexual contact with a resident without their consent.
- Neglect: This includes failing to provide a resident with the necessary food, water, clothing, shelter, medical care, or personal care. Nursing home residents commonly acquire bedsores or pressure ulcers due to neglect by the nursing home staff.
- Falls: Nursing homes are responsible for creating a safe environment for their residents. Falls are a leading cause of injury and death in nursing homes.
- Medication errors: Nursing homes are responsible for properly administering medications to their residents. Medication errors can cause serious harm or death.
If You Believe You Have Been the Victim of Nursing Home Negligence
If you believe you or a loved one has been the victim of nursing home negligence, it is important to contact an experienced nursing home negligence lawyer in Nashville as soon as possible. The sooner you act, the more evidence you may be able to collect to support your case.
Your Tennessee nursing home negligence lawyer will investigate your case and gather evidence, such as medical records, witness statements, and photographs. They will also help you understand your legal rights and options.
In some cases, it may be possible to resolve your case through a negotiated settlement. If your case goes to trial, your lawyer will represent you and fight for your right to be compensated for your losses.
Contact DRS Law Today
The experienced Nashville nursing home negligence lawyers at DRS Law can help you get the justice you deserve. We have a proven track record of success in these cases.
Please contact us today for a free consultation. We will review your case and discuss your legal options.